The driving school can help you to apply for the driving license permit (Fin. ajokorttilupa).
The driving license permit is compulsory for every student. The driving license permit must be applied also if you wish to renew you license or to extent your driving license to the other vehicle categories, such as, motorcycles.
There are three basic procedures how to apply the driving license permit:
- You are a client of the driving school and the driving school submits your application to Traficom. You will get
- Assistance how to proceed with the payment to Traficom (39€).
- Assistance how to fill in the application.
- Assistance how to submit the application to Traficom.
- A discount coupon for the passport quality photos. Two pass port quality photos are needed for the application. Bring them to the driving school. New photos are not needed, if you have a valid passport or a Finnish driving license beforehand.
- You can apply for the permit independently at Ajovarma’s Customer Service Office
- Book an appointment from Ajovarma and visit their local service office. The service is provided at the Vehicle Inspection Office in Lahti. Street address: Katsastajankatu 12.
- Go the Vehicle Inspection Office at the appointed time and bring the following with you: Money for the permit (35€), your previous driving license, passport or ID-card, and two peace of passport quality photos. New photos are not needed if you have a valid driving license or passport.
- You can apply the permit directly from Traficom using their e-platform (24€)
- Apply the permit online here Traficom services.
- Please, note the terms of the online application:
- You must have a digital passport quality photo and a digital signature registered in the official database.
- You are able to login the system via your own online bank ID and password.